A Level Dance
Introduced in 2021
- Critical engagement
Two Assessment Components – both of which must be completed.
Component 1 – Performance and Choreography
- Solo performance that is linked to a specified practitioner within an area of study
- Performance in a quartet. This can be done with students of the same level/ability who are not studying.
- Group choreography
- Practical Exam
- 80 marks
- Worth 50% of the final grade
Non-exam assessment (NEA) will be marked by an external assessor from AQA at our centre. Visits will be between March and May of year of examination.
Externally set tasks are published by 15th September in the school year of certification.
Component 2 – Critical Engagement
Knowledge, understanding and critical appreciation of two set works.
- One compulsory set work from the compulsory area of study (Spec)
- One optional set work from the corresponding area of study. From a choice of 4.
- Written exam – 2.5 hours
- 100 marks
- 50% of Final grade
- Section A – short answer questions (25 marks) and one essay question (25 marks) on the compulsory set work / area of study
- Section B – two essay questions on the second set work / area of study (25 marks each)
Available to all students in Years 11 – 13
It is preferable students have studied GCSE Dance, or have a strong technical and academic ability.
2 year course – 2 Components
FEES: £900.00 PER YEAR* Payable Monthly £75 x 24 payments
*Additional costs: Theatre trips, Exam Entry Fee and disbursements,
This course is offered to students from other dance schools. It is a completely separate entity to The Babel Dance School. There will be no compromise with other schools.
All classes will be held at our Heston branch of the school. Heston Community School is our official centre. Classes also run in the Methodist Church on the opposite side of the road.
Saturday – Term time: 10am till 12pm
Wednesday – Term time: Evening (time TBC)
Call Sara on 07961 153666 or email email@example.com for more information or to book a place.